1. Not Included in the Tour Fare :
1. Laundry, telephone, additional meals and drinks, and any other expenses of personal nature.
2. Medical expenses for injuries and illness.
3. Travel and accommodation costs between arrival/departure points and the start and end points of the itinerary.
2. Additional Fares.
The additional fares are required for following arrangements :
1. Additional charges for changing from a "Plan Without Meals" to a "Plan With Meals".
2. Other additional charges as specified in pamphlets and other material.
3. Revision of Travel Service Content.
The Company may, after conclusion of the Travel Contract, revise its contents and services for any of the following reasons: natural calamity or disaster, weather conditions, civil unrest, suspension of services rendered by transport/accommodation facilities, provision of transportation not based on the original operational plan, governmental orders, or other circumstances beyond the Company's control. The Company reserves the right to take necessary measures when safe, smooth tour operation in accordance with the itinerary is deemed impossible, or when there is valid reason to believe that the tour cannot continue. In such cases, the Company must explain in a timely manner its inability to function according to the Travel Contract under the circumstances. However, when conditions demand, the explanation may be made after revisions are made.
4. Change of Tour Fare.
1. The Company may revise its schedule of fees in accordance with increases or reductions of transport fares and/or charges for Agent-Organized Tour owing to unusual or unforeseen economic developments. In such cases, the Company shall notify the client no later than the 15th day prior to the eve of departure.
2. In the event that travel costs decrease, the Company shall reduce the tour fare accordingly.
3. If the Company specifies that tour fares are dependent on the number of participants and there is a change in the number of the participants due to reasons beyond the Company's control, the Company shall change the tour fare within the allowable range specified in the tour contract.
5. Cancellation of Travel Contract by the Client
1. The client is at all times entitled to cancel the Travel Contract, but must pay the Company a cancellation charge.
2. If the client changes the departure day or any transportation, tours, tour participants for their convenience, the Company shall consider such a change as the cancellation of the entire tour and the specified cancellation charges will be levied on the client.
3. The Company shall accept the cancellation requests during the office hours of the office where the client originally requested the tour.
4. The Company shall refund the remaining amount of the received tour fare (deposit) after deducting cancellation charges. If the tour deposit is not enough to cover the cancellation charge, the Company shall charge the difference separately.
6. Cancellation of the Travel Contract and Tour Operation by the Company.
1. If the client has not paid the tour fare by the prescribed date, the Company may cancel the Travel Contract. In such case, the client shall pay the Company the applicable cancellation charge.
2. In any of the following cases, the Company may cancel the Travel Contract :
a) When it becomes evident that the client does not satisfy the gender, age, qualification, skill or other requirements specified by the Company for participation in the tour.
b) When the client is recognized as unfit to join the tour owing to illness or other reasons.
c) When there is evidence that the client threatens to cause other participants embarrassment or inconvenience, or might otherwise interfere with the smooth performance of the collective activities of the tour.
d) When the minimum number of participants as stipulated by the Company in the Travel Contract has not been met. In such cases, the Company shall notify the client of tour cancellation no later than thirteenth day (third day for a one-day tour) prior to the eve of departure.
e) When the necessary conditions as clearly stated at the conclusion of the Travel Contract cannot materialize, or when there is valid reason to believe that the required conditions cannot be met.
f) In the event of a natural calamity or disaster, poor weather conditions, civil disturbance, suspension of services related to transportation, accommodations, governmental orders, or other circumstances beyond the Company's control, and when safe, and smooth tour operation according to the itinerary specified in the Travel Contract has become impossible, or there is a valid reason to believe that the tour cannot continue.
g) When the client demands things that are beyond the reasonable scope of the details in the contract.
h) Even after the corresponding contract has been concluded, if the Company cannot receive the amount specified for the tour fare due to invalidity of the client's credit card or in accordance with the credit company's agreement.
3. When the Company cancels the Travel Contract in accordance with Clause 6.1 hereinabove, it shall refund payment after deducting the specified penalties from said payment or from the deposit received from the client.
7. Basic cancellation Rates.
1. If the client cancels the Travel Contract for personal reasons, the following cancellation rates will apply to the tour fare.
Time of Cancellation
(1) If notice of cancellation is received by the Company until 18:00 local time, 8 business days prior to the starting date of the tour
(2) If notice of cancellation is received by the Company between 18:00 local time, 8 business days prior to the starting date of the tour and 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the starting date of the tour
50% of the tour fare
(3) If notice of cancellation is received by the Company after 18:00 local time, 2 business days prior to the starting date of the tour
100% of the tour fare
2. In case of cancellation of booking via travel loan beyond the Company's control, the above cancellation charges will apply.
3. If a client fails to pay the tour fare by the designated date, the Company will assume the client has canceled as of the following day, and the cancellation charges specified above will apply.
4. Timing of notice of cancellation is based on Japan local time.
8. Cancellation After Departure.
1. Cancellation by Client
a) When the client leaves the tour group for personal reasons, the Company will consider it a forfeiture of contracted rights and claims to any refund.
b) If certain services cannot be provided as promised in the Travel Contract for reasons beyond client responsibility, relevant portions of the contract may be cancelled, with the appropriate refund deducted from the total tour fare.
2. Cancellation by the Company
The Company may cancel the Travel Contract for tours after the departure date in the following cases:
a) When the client is unable to continue the tour owing to illness or other factors.
b) When the client seems to disturb the order of collective activities of tour participants by ignoring instructions from the tour conductor, undertaking violent deeds or by behaving menacingly towards these people or those accompanying them, or otherwise jeopardizes safety and smooth operation of the tour.
c) When the tour cannot continue owing to natural disaster, weather conditions, civil unrest, labor disputes, suspension of services by transportation or accommodation facilities, governmental orders, or other causes beyond the Company's control.
3. Cancellations and Refunds
a) If the Company cancels the Travel Contract in accordance with the Clause 8.2 a) hereinabove, travel services rendered to the client shall be deemed as having been completed, and a refund from the tour fare shall be paid for services not yet rendered. In cases where travel services are not rendered owing to tour cessation, or services for which the Company has paid, (or will pay) expenses, cancellation charge, penalty, etc., the Company will refund only the balance thereof.
b) When the Company cancels the Travel Contract for tours in accordance with the Clause 8.2 a) and 8.2 c) hereinabove, the Company shall, at the client's expense, make necessary arrangements as requested for return to point of departure.
9. Refund of Travel Costs.
1. Should the Company incur any liability to make a refund to a client in case such as the tour fare reduction in accordance with Article 8.1, and if either the client or the Company has canceled the Travel Contract in accordance with Article 8.1 through 8.3, the Company shall make said refund within seven days from the next day of cancellation, when effecting refund before tour departure, and within 30 days counting from the day after the tour ends, as stipulated in the contract in case of reduction or cancellation after tour departure. However, should there be any expenses as cancellation charges, penalties, etc. which the Company has already paid or will have to pay for services not provided because of tour cancellation, said expenses shall be borne by the client.
2. The client shall be required to request a refund at the sales office where the client bought the tour within one month of the planned tour departure day.
3. The client shall be required to return all tour coupons when requesting a refund for said tour coupons. Otherwise, the Company may not be able to make a refund.